Here are some treats that are 100 calories or less…
1 small baked sweet potato = 55 calories – sprinkle on some cinnamon or nutmeg
3 T. of hummus = 80 calories – dip in cut up veggies / use cucumbers as “chips”
½ baked potato = 85 calories – experiment with spices to add flavor
2 kiwi, = 95 calories
2 C. popcorn with 1 t. butter = 95 calories – air popped is best!
100 calorie snacks
Need something Sweet & Salty?
- Top a brown rice cake with 2 t. nut butter
- DIY Chocolate Trail Mix: 8 almonds, 4 chocolate chips, and 1 T. raisins
- ½ C. non-fat cottage cheese with ½ C. with fresh chopped mango and/or pineapple
- ½ apple and 1 non-fat mozzarella cheese stick
- ½ apple slices with 1 t. natural peanut butter
- 1 medium celery stalk with 1 T. peanut butter or Nutella
- ½ C. non-fat cottage cheese with 1 C. cantaloupe
How about something just Sweet?
|Image: popsicle.com - Yea, less than 100 calories!!|
- 3 squares of dark chocolate
- ½ C. oatmeal with ¼ C. berries
- 1 frozen lo-cal popsicle or fudgsicle (my fav, especially during this awfully hot summer)
- 1 C. frozen grapes (about 2 hours in freezer)
- Sprinkle orange slices with some cinnamon
- ½ C. non-fat Greek yogurt topped with 1 t. honey (really yummy!!!)
- 1 whole-grain frozen waffle topped with ½ C. sliced berries
Or just Salty and Crunchy?
- 8 black olives
- ½ C. kale chips
- 1 oz. low sodium beef jerky
- 2 pretzel rods with 1 T. Dijon mustard
- 15 mini pretzel sticks with 2 T. non-fat cream cheese
- 8 medium shrimp with 2 T. of cocktail sauce
- ¼ C. wasabi peas (World Market has these)
- 25 or so pistachios
- 2 sliced plum tomatoes topped with a sprinkle of cheddar or mozzarella and breadcrumbs – microwave for a few seconds to melt the cheese
These are just a few ideas I found along the way.
Got any more low-cal snack tips? Please share!!